Neck pain is one of the most common causes of disability in the United States. There are a great many causes of neck pain, from whiplash to poor posture. Diagnosing and treating low neck pain is something that chiropractors do particularly well, as we are trained specifically in the diagnosis and management of spinal conditions.
Questions To Answer:
Some of the most important points to discuss with your doctor during your first visit are:
- Where is the pain? Does it stay local or does it radiate?
- Does it hurt if you push on the area that you’re feeling the pain?
- What activities or positions make the pain better and which make it worse?
- Is the pain worse at a particular time of day? For example, is the pain at its worst first thing in the morning?
- What have you done to treat the pain in the past? Medications? Injections? Physical Therapy?
Types of Neck Pain
Pain in the neck can come from many different sources. Some of most common types of neck pain are:
- Sprains and Strains from whiplash injuries
- Disc herniations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Facet syndrome
- Referred pain
The more detail you can provide, the better we can help you to get rid of the pain. Call 201-569-1444 today and we will help you to get out of pain!