Low back pain is the number one cause of disability in the United States. Over 80% of American adults will experience some type of low back pain in their life. Treating it appropriately is critical for resolving the pain and preventing its return. Diagnosing and treating low back pain is something that chiropractors do particularly well, as we are trained specifically in the diagnosis and management of spinal conditions.
Some of the most important points to discuss with your doctor during your first visit are:
- Where is the pain? Does it stay local or does it radiate?
- Does it hurt if you push on the area that you’re feeling the pain?
- What activities or positions make the pain better and which make it worse?
- Is the pain worse at a particular time of day? For example, is the pain at its worst first thing in the morning?
- What have you done to treat the pain in the past? Medications? Injections? Physical Therapy?
The more detail you can provide, the better we can help you to get rid of the pain. Call 201-569-1444 today and we will help you to get out of pain!